Thursday, November 7, 2013

Week 1 UPDATE: Six lbs in six weeks challenge

I didn't quite realize when I embarked on this 6 lbs challenge, Halloween and my birthday were right around the corner. Talk about some challenges! I did ok though. I made it thru halloween with only a few moments of weakness - and my birthday? Well, there was a sushi dinner, which is not the worst thing you could do, but it definitely wasn't paleo.

Did you ever realize how much weight you can gain from water weight after having sushi and a drink or two? I don't advise ANYONE to do this, but I weighed myself the next day and HOLY MOLY. 3 whole pounds gained from water weight. (You must realize this is water weight, and not freak out!! It takes 3500 calories to make a pound - so for three pounds I would have had to eat 10,500 calories and I KNOW that didn't happen!!)

Anyways, back on topic... so after all of the celebrating and over-indulging I weighed 3 lbs more.... but I've been drinking water like it's my job (about 100 oz a day) and I've flushed those 3 lbs away, and am back to my original weight since I started the challenge. Yes, a setback, but I am staying positive. I had a lot going on last week.... and a lot going on this weekend (Another friend's birthday!) but when its not your birthday its easier to say no. At least thats how I see it.

I have not wavered from my fitness routine. I have been training for a 10K I am running on Sunday, and have included my weight training in that time too. I am still working my muscles and burning calories... I just need to be better about what I eat, which after this weekend I should be able to do. I have reached the 6 mile marker with my running, which was a huge accomplishment. Also, when I took my post-running selfie, my guns were looking pretty good too!

I'm not self absorbed, I'm just proud of how far I have come. I had a very hard time accepting my body my whole life, and lately I have been really starting to love it. I love what it will become, and what it has already been able to do. When you start to love your body again, and appreciate all it can do, you just kind of become obsessed with documenting its changes. :)

Anywho.... to sum it all up, I haven't lost weight, but I've survived Halloween and my birthday relatively unscathed. So with 5 weeks to go, I am more focused and ready for the challenge!!


No comments:

Post a Comment