Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Paleo Pumpkin Pie

Every year my office throws a Thanksgiving Potluck. And every year it is filled with delicious, yet unhealthy options. So this year I had an idea, I will bring a healthy pumpkin pie option to the party! Because honestly, who doesn't love a guilt-free dessert?? I found this recipe here, and I must tell you it is one that is going in the recipe box for good. I even had a health-skeptic friend come over and try it. (she doesn't really understand my obsession with the whole "paleo" thing.... like a lot of my friends. They'll get converted eventually - haha)

Anyways she tried it and literally the words that came out of her mouth were, "If you hadn't told me this was healthy, I wouldn't have known the difference. This is REALLY good!!"

Success.

I am so excited to make this for the Thanksgiving potluck, and so excited to share this recipe with everyone that is looking for healthy alternatives to Thanksgiving desserts.

Crust:

2 cups Almond Flour
1 egg
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tablespoon coconut oil (I melted mine so that it blended easier with a spatula)

Combine ingredients with a spatula (I didn't have a food processor, so I did it by hand. Its not difficult at all) Press crust into pie pan with your hands until the crust is even all around. Do not bake until filling has been poured in.

Pie Filling:

1 15 oz can of Organic Pumpkin
3 eggs
1/2 cup coconut milk (use the canned full-fat stuff!!)
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Combine Pumpkin and eggs in a bowl with a spatula or whisk. Whisk in coconut milk, honey, and spices. Pour into pie crust and bake at 350˚ for 45 minutes. Allow to cool and then refrigerate for about 2 hours to set.

No comments:

Post a Comment