Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wednesday Workouts: Spartan Training

I've decided that every Wednesday I am going to post workouts that I LOVE. This will be a great way for me to keep track of workouts that were effective, and share them with anyone who is interested in trying them.

Here is my new favorite: The SPARTAN Training Workout
(I did this on Monday as training for a Spartan Race Mud Run I am doing in January)

Warm up:
10 minute jog

Main Set:

10 pushups
10 body weight squats
10 burpees
10 full sit-ups
30 seconds high knees
30 seconds plank

Repeat 3 times

* * * * * * *

Let me tell you that this sounds a lot easier than it really is. Try to limit your resting periods in between exercises to 15 seconds... that way your heart rate will stay up.

If 15 seconds isn't enough time, a great motto for exercises like this is:

"Work until you can't, rest until you can"

Happy Wednesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment