Thursday, January 23, 2014

Spartan Ready.... and some workouts.

This week has been FULL of good workouts. I'm pretty beat, but I love when I can get a good sweat in...

Monday's workout: 
On a football field -
Jog 90 yards, full sprint 10
Jog 80 yards, full sprint 20
Jog 70 yards, full sprint 30
Jog 60 yards, full sprint 40
Jog 50 yards, full sprint 50
Jog 40 yards, full sprint 60
Jog 30 yards, full sprint 70
Jog 20 yards, full sprint 80
Jog 10 yards, full sprint 90
Full sprint 100 yards

100 yard slow jog for cool down.

Tuesday's workout: 
Squats
Lunges
Single leg deadlifts
some ab work
TONS of Stretching. (major soreness from the sprints)

Wednesday's workout: "Full Body Workout"
Warm Up:
1 – 2 mile run
Main Set:
10 body weight squats
10 squat w/ dumbbell press
20 walking lunges w/ weight (10 each side)
5 burpees
10 overhead tricep press
30 seconds squat jumps
10 dumbbell bench rows each arm
10 sumo deadlift high pull
5 burpees
10 dumbbell bench press
10 machine rows
10 machine pull-downs
Side plank dumbbell lift (10 each side)
5 burpees

REPEAT 2 times

Today's workout: LEG DAY
Warm Up:
1 – 2 mile run
1 gym lap high-kicks
30 seconds high knees
30 seconds butt kicks
Main Set:
20 body weight squats
25’ Spiderman crawl
20 step-ups w/ lunge down (10 each side)
5 burpees
Weighted squats
(Pyramid 10x: 10lb, 15lb, 20lb, 25lb etc.)
Walking lunges (body weight)
Weighted Deadlifts
(Pyramid 10x: 10lb, 15lb, 20lb, 25lb etc.)
5 burpees
10 good mornings
20 One-leg deadlifts (10 each leg)
20 weighted donkey kicks (10 each leg) 
REPEAT 2 times

ANNNNNNDDD I'm spent!!

I've been training like a mad woman to prepare for my first Spartan Sprint. Never heard of it? Well, it's this 5k obstacle course thats military inspired - and let me tell you, these obstacles do not look easy. I'm honestly a little nervous about a few of them... and the 30 burpee penalties for any obstacle you can't complete. I see a few sets of burpees in my future...
But, it's a challenge and thats exactly what I'm looking for. I've gotten all of my workouts done for the week, and now it's time for 2 days of complete rest and stretching to get ready for this race. 

I don't know how much more "ready" I could possibly be. 
I'm feeling pretty strong these days.
Dave is doing the 8 mile race on Saturday, the day before I race. I gotta admit I'm pretty proud of this kid. An 8 mile obstacle course is no joke. He's trying to complete all 3 races: The 4 miler, the 8 miler and the 12 miler -  If you complete all 3 in a calendar year you get a TRIFECTA medal for being a badass. I'm gonna see how this 4 miler goes on Sunday and see if I want to be that cool, or if I just want to let Dave have all the glory.


Have you ever done a Spartan Race? Does anyone else out there LOVE mud runs as much as I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment