Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Curry Chicken Salad Wraps

One of the biggest MUSTS when living healthy for me is bringing my lunch to work. It is very important to me to know exactly what is going in my food, and how much I am eating. More often than not I have a simple salad for lunch with spring mix, dried cranberries, almonds and chicken with some lemon juice and balsamic vinegar. But that can get really old really fast, and sometimes I just have to change it up.

One of my favorite change-ups is my curry chicken salad, wrapped in lettuce instead of bread. You can also throw this on top of mixed greens, but eating them like tacos makes it feel even more different from a salad.... remember, this is my change-up meal from salads ;)
This lovely little lunch is packed with flavor, and almost feels like a cheat meal... but there really isn't anything bad in here.

Ingredients:

2-3 chicken breasts (depending on size)
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1 honeycrisp apple - chopped into little pieces
2 tbsp curry powder
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp veganaise (you can use regular mayonnaise, this is just what i prefer)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 head butter lettuce

optional: Bell pepper, red onion (if you're looking for a little more flavor / veggies)

Chop the chicken and apples into bite sized bits and put in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix together with a spoon. I suggest you let sit in a container overnight in the fridge to let the flavors meld together.

When lunchtime arrives, the rest is easy-peasy. Rinse off the butter lettuce and scoop the chicken salad into your little lettuce leaves and chomp away!!

Happy lunching!

No comments:

Post a Comment