Tuesday, March 12, 2013

DETOX: Day 15 update

It has been one hell of a roller coaster, this detox thing. I made it exactly 14 days without even wavering off the program. So far I've lost a total of 7 lbs, and a few inches off my waist... But last night, I did waver..... I had a MEAL for dinner.

However, I don't plan on quitting all together. It was a special night, and I went to have a nice meal - one of my favorite things in the world: Pumpkin Curry. Yes, I'm aware it wasn't the healthiest thing in the world to eat after a detox, BUT it was a far cry from terrible for me. After all, I did still order brown rice (always) instead of white, and it only had a little bit of cream in it.

How I felt after eating it: Extremely full, even though I ate about 1/2 of what I would have normally, so I can definitely tell my stomach has shrunk. I didn't feel sick, my stomach didn't hurt... nothing felt out of the ordinary.... so maybe I didn't waver too far off my path. Food for thought.

I juiced again this morning. I wanted to try to stick to the healthy morning regime. I think that is where a lot of my calories come from. I used to eat a smoothie with protein powder - probably totaling something around 300 calories, then I'd also have 2 eggs - another 160 calories and a good amount of fat, and i'd snack on nuts before boot camp..... so before lunch that was probably an average of 600 calories.... and that doesn't include my sugary 290 calorie coffee drink. Hmmm...
Come to think of it, if I compare that to what I'm doing now: A large fresh juice blend from 2 apples, 1 lemon, a little bit of ginger, 1 cucumber and a few stalks of celery - probably at most 100 calories. Then about an hour after I drink that, I have some tea.... no sweetener. 0 Cals. At 10:00 I have an apple with sunflower seed butter for energy before boot camp - about 275 calories.

Morning totals before detox: 600 cals
Morning totals after detox: 375 cals

Calories saved with new regime: 225
Calories per week saved: 1575

Yikes. Thats pretty good. I really need to try my very hardest to stick to this morning regime. If I look at that from a monthly perspective, thats almost 2 pounds saved per month. What a concept.

ANYWAY....

Goals for the remaining week, stick to the program as best as I can. Follow the elimination diet as much as possible for as long as possible, and TRY WITH ALL MY MIGHT to keep making smoothies and/or soups for dinners -  and at a reasonable hour.

Let's see 10 lbs lost!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment