Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Paleo Sausage and Sweet Potato Quiche

I make it a point to eat breakfast every morning. It really is the most important meal of the day, and I try to make sure to eat something that is delicious and will last me through the entire morning. Eggs are usually on the menu, but I can only eat scrambled eggs with veggies for so long before I start to get bored.

Which leads me to the new successful recipe I just tried:

Sausage and Sweet Potato Quiche

Ingredients:

10 eggs
1 medium sweet potato / yam
1/2 lb breakfast sausage
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375˚
Peel the sweet potato and slice into thin round disks with a mandolin or sharp knife. Place the slices in a pie dish in concentric form around the bottom of the dish. Be sure to use all of the slices. Remove the sausage from the casings and crumble into small pieces and place them on top of the sweet potatoes. Chop the rosemary and sprinkle over the sausage and sweet potatoes.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, salt and pepper.
Pour the eggs into the dish, pushing down any sausage pieces that may float up. Place dish in the oven and bake for 30-45 minutes or until the middle is solid. (Use the toothpick test to make sure)

Slice the quiche and voila! Breakfast for the week!! I love easy ideas like this that simplify my mornings.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment