Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pumpkin Red Curry - PALEO Recipe #1

Sooooo I should start off by saying that I am embarking on a new little adventure: PALEO. I've been eating clean for some time now, and unfortunately I've reached that dreaded plateau. I know there is plenty more weight to lost, and I am cutting calories like a mad woman (but staying healthy), so why aren't the pounds falling off? My only logical answer: Carbs.

So, here I go, jumping on the Paleo bandwagon. Last night marked the first attempt at a PALEO recipe I found in a book - but I made my own special tweaks, and it was absolutely amazing!!!! It was probably the best "healthy" meal I've made since I started this lifestyle change.

So, because it was THAT good, I thought I'd share.

PUMPKIN RED CURRY – Paleo style

Ingredients:

1  14 oz can of Organic coconut milk (Thai Kitchen was the brand I used. Get the full fat one…. Don't bother with the light. Remember, fat is good for you)
2 tbsp Red Curry Paste (Thai Kitchen Brand)
2 large chicken breasts, cut into small cubes or strips
1/2 Red and 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced length ways
1 white onion – chopped
1 kabocha squash (optional) peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes.
2 tsp coriander
2 tsp cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp garlic powder (or you can use fresh garlic)
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger (or powder)


In a large wok or saucepan, sauté the onions until translucent. Add the garlic and chicken and stir until all outer edges are white/cooked. Add the coconut milk and red curry paste and stir together. Add the spices, squash and bell pepper and bring to a boil over medium heat. Then let simmer for about 20 – 30 minutes – or until chicken's internal temperature reaches 160˚. Serve over over Cauliflower rice if staying full "Paleo" or even have it by itself like a soup (which is what I did), otherwise you can try it over brown rice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment