Tuesday, August 6, 2013

One pound down and losing steam....

Good news first - things are working. 

I've lost 1.4 pounds in a week.... which is exactly on target with my little calorie tracker app. 
{though it kinda sucks I found out it was a solid 300 calories off the first week. It said I could eat 1500 calories a day to lose 1 lb a week... when in fact the real calorie intake is about 1200.

BUT I made the switch to 1200 calories {I eat 1500 and make sure to work out and burn at least 300 a day}, and weighed in today {I couldn't wait until wednesday} and it's working. I'm losing... and it's showing. My clothes are getting bigger, I'm actually feeling thinner. 

But....

This is pretty much how I feel about it.
It's really hard to keep meals under 400 calories. And snacking is pretty much out of the picture unless it's just veggies. No dips or almond butter..... just veggies. BLEH.
It gets so boring. 

Today all I want is a delicious breakfast wrap. I know I deserve it. It is healthy, but the calorie guilt will throw me over the edge. I don't like being this person. Counting calories, watching other people eat what I want. 

I need to find some new recipes that are low calorie and CLEAN.

I know this will be worth it. I know I will get used to this lifestyle. I haven't lost this much weight since 2002. That was11 years ago. Sheesh. I've finally figured out what works, I just need to stick to it... and yeah it sucks right now, but I know I'll look back on this and think: It is so easy now.... why was I such a whiner?  haha



No comments:

Post a Comment