Friday, January 25, 2013

Getting over the three-week hump...

I'm trying not to get discouraged here. I know it has only been about 3 weeks of clean eating and excercise, but when so many changes have been made with barely any results seen, its hard not to feel defeated. All of my friends and closest supporters are telling me to keep my chin up, because this kind of lifestyle change is not going to show immediate results, but in time I will start to see the difference.

I met with a nutritionist yesterday, mostly to talk about dinner. I've met with her before, and she made wonderful suggestions for breakfast and lunches, which I have recently implemented into my diet. Yesterday was the time to talk about dinner.... and my progress. She made me feel better about my results, or the lack thereof, and tried to have me focus on the other reasons I am making this change. I want to be healthy, I want to feel young and vibrant and happy, not sick and tired all the time. For too many years I've been feeling lazy, lathargic and just plain down on myself. I am enjoying how I feel on the inside... it's just hard when how i feel on the inside doesn't match how I feel on the outside. I still hate how I look in my underwear. I still feel like a one piece at the beach is an absolute necessity. I'm 28, I am still well within the teeny bikini age bracket, this is just ridiculous.

Where were we? Oh yea, dinner. 

So my dinner plate is supposed to look pretty bright and green, with a little meat (about 25% of the plate) a little healthy starch (carrots, peas, sweet potatoes - again about 25% of the plate), a salad with leafy greens and some fresh green veggies. Easy peasy.

So, I'm pretty much doing that – and it's pretty much a 180 flip from what I was doing before, and yet I weigh... wait for it..... 1.9 lbs MORE than before.

I know I know... I shouldn't be weighing myself. Even the nutritionist said to avoid the scale. But seriously, who wouldn't be curious after like 3 weeks of all this hard work and healthy eating?

Notes to self {from the nutritionist and good smart friends}:

• Fu©% that scale.

• Muscle weighs more than fat. the extra 1.9 lbs perhaps?

• Think positive. Look at the perks that are already showing themselves. 
  – Hair is not falling out nearly as badly - it's a long-hair thing.
  – I work out better, feel fuller longer when I eat well.
  – Bad cravings are almost completely GONE.

• This is me now....
.....and quite frankly, its not that bad. 
Nothing is impossible... and this is a damn good starting point.

And so, long story short... meeting with the nutritionist brought some motivation back, and talked me into not giving up like I usually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment