Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving weekend, and jumping back on the wagon...

Thanksgiving weekend really got the best of me.

really.

I ate whatever I wanted and didn't work out as hard as I had originally planned, but you know what?
I think I needed it.

I needed the extra sleep, just like my little Olive.
(I've been messing with this new GIF generator, PHHHOTO, its pretty great)

Thursday we feasted on mimosas, prime rib, turkey, stuffing, potatoes, cracker and cheese... you name it... we ate it.
How cute is this cheese and cracker turkey plate my mom made?
Olive was determined to hang out with the humans on Thanksgiving, ignoring all the other dogs. She ultimately found her way up onto the stool, where she just stared at us while we made conversation. This little dog. She is too cute and steals my heart whenever she does silly things like this.

Friday was an epic Black Friday shopping extravaganza. I desperately needed new clothes for work, so we ventured out into the madness from 6am to about 2:00 pm. Then we napped and hung out on the couch for the rest of the evening, ditching all plans for a workout. Shopping was my cardio that day. HAHA

And then Saturday rolled around, and it was time for my favorite class to dread, BOOTCAMP.
DY (aka David York, the owner of our gym and leader of this infamous bootcamp) surprised us with 20 lb weight vests to wear for the second half of our workout. OMG seriously, those weight vests were torture. They made the workout SO HARD. It really was eye-opening how an extra 20 lbs on your body will effect your ability to move quickly.

And now it's MONDAY, and I've already gotten two workouts in the books. I got the workout bug last night again to amp up my workouts and start eating clean again. I've been pretty lax about my lifestyle lately, and it's beginning to show. I'm ready to put the work in again and start shedding some of this holiday fluff.

That being said, I've come up with a new peppermint chocolate protein shake recipe, along with a healthy thai carrot ginger soup recipe that I get to try out tonight. (It's in the crock pot as we speak! I can't wait to see how it turns out!!)

xoxo

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment