Monday, December 9, 2013

Sunday Spartan Workout

After watching Dave finish his first Spartan Race in Malibu (post to come), I decided to go to the local park and do a Spartan themed workout of my own on Sunday – After all, I am doing my very own Spartan Race in January!

Here's what the workout consisted of:

150 jumping jacks
15 burpees
3 X 10 dips
15 box jumps
15 sandbag squat-throws (I used a 26lb dumbbell and it works just fine!)
3 X 10 crunches
10 box jumps
3 X 10 jumping lunges
5 X 25' Spiderman crawls
Run 1.5 miles
30 burpees

Stretch

Here's a fun little revelation I had yesterday. The park I went to had no benches around to do box jumps, so I improvised... I realized that my truck would work perfectly as a box jump substitute.

It was so much fun, and so much more challenging (It's a bit higher than I was used to) and now I know I have a box for box jumps whenever I need it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment